Sunday, 22 November 2009

So much scrapping!

It seems like I've been thinking about scrapping constantly for most of this month! Not that I'm complaining, lol.

First there was the quarterly sale at Designer Digitals, I love the all-day chat they have on the Saturday, so many fun challenges.

One of the highlights is the 30-minute masterpiece, where we're given 30 minutes to complete a LO. There are some rules, and a few freebies to help. This time there were more rules than usual, but that just added to the fun! We had to create a balanced page, use 3 rectangles, 2 squares, fully justified text, and 2 fasteners on the page. It also had to include a photo taken in October. Here's mine, using a photo I took of Amy at Dean Castle country park recently, all products from Designer Digitals.


The other fascinating chat was with Katie Pertiet, all about blending. I love blending modes, they're among my favourite tools in digi scrapping. Katie talked us through creating a LO using blending modes, not an easy task in a chatroom with close to 300 people! Here's my LO for the challenge, loved the effect, and will definitely be trying it again sometime. Again all supplies are from DD.


Then last weekend was the Wicked Cybercrop on UKScrappers - a full weekend of challenges and classes. For some reason I didn't feel as involved in this cybercrop as I did in previous ones, I hope it was just because I was so busy. The classes certainly looked gorgeous! I did manage a couple of the challenges, even completing one with paper supplies!

This first LO used a sketch, and supplies from Designer Digitals, Kaisercraft and Sweet Shoppe Designs. The second LO was completed for a challenge which required us to create a LO with no photos! This was done about midnight, so I kept it fairly simple.



Besides all these fun events, of course, I've been creating LOs using Kaisercraft digi products. I can't put up many of those yet (a whole new experience for me, ooh, a bit of mystery!), but I can show you one.



I used the Hideaway collection for the first LO, and was so proud to see it on the Kaisercraft blog! I'm so enjoying creating with these collections. They're so different to other digi stuff I use. I think it's because Kaisercraft are a paper company originally, so they feel much more like a paper collection recreated for digi. This is fun, as it means I get to play with the rhinestones and pearls that first drew me to Kaisercraft in the first place!

So, now that I've completed such a long post (at least it had pretty piccies), I must make a mental note to myself - don't..leave..it..so..long..between..posts! Must try harder lol.

6 comments:

misteejay said...

A beautiful collection of LOs Chrissy.

There were some fab classes for the cyber crop but I agree with you that it didn't seem to get folk as involved as has been the case in the past. There also seemed to be a lot of illness around which meant folk didn't do as much as they had hoped.

Toni :o)

Heather said...

Great pages Chrissy! :)

Brittney said...

Some really great pages, love the one with the blending!

Gladie said...

Wow, you've been busy! And awsome work! Love the blending effects :)

I had trouble with the Kaisersite, couldn't purchase a thing... I've been in contact with them, seems to be the norwegian letters in my name. Will try later, I love the Kaiserdigis! :D

leah said...

Ooo! Love the Edinburgh page! Sweet!

Looks like you had fun!

Katharyn Brine said...

Hey Chrissy,
Will have to log into a DD chat one day and meet you online there. I didn't know they did tutorials like that and it must be pretty special to be chatting with scrappy gods like Katie Pertiet! Love your layouts too.