I'm taking this new course at Shimelle.com. It's odd how I found out about it, I noticed on Facebook that several of my friends from different scrapping forums were becoming friends with each other. So I decided to join in too, as I do tend to find it hard to bother updating here, then get overwhelmed thinking about how much I'll need to add.
It's cool already catching up with friends from so many different forums. I'm hoping it'll get me more comfortable with updating my blog.
My intention is to keep up with the prompts every day. However, I also know that I am very easily distracted. Because I primarily do digiscrapping now, it's easy to drift between PSE and the internet - especially that blasted Facebook, which just sucks up time lol.
Today our prompt was to state our intentions for the course. We could also take a photo of our scrapping space if we wanted, and even do a page, but I was working on a page for something else so ran out of time.
I have found another fun place to hang out recently, logyourmemory.com. It's run by my friend Kristin, and is a new forum. It's based around her memory logbook, which is a place to note memories and info until you get a chance to scrap them. The grand opening fun weekend was just there, and had a lot of cool chats and freebies. Pop over if you get a chance.
As for my recent scrapping, I've done a LO for the last two weeks of the Designer Digitals challenge, as well as a general one.

The third week of the challenge asked us to create a heritage page. I've not tried one before, but my mum gave me a bundle of photos of me as a baby/ toddler after Amy was born, so I used a couple of my favourites from those. I had a lot of fun putting the page together.

The last week challenged us to show off our brushwork. I love using brushes, and love this photo of Amy and her friend, so that was my starting point.

Amy and I spent a morning recently at our local woods collecting a bag of fallen leaves to use for craft projects. Amy loved picking them up, and was very pleased to spot Scrat (from Ice Age). Though I guess it
could have been a squirrel.
Phew, longer post than usual, hope someone makes it to the end! Hiya to any fellow classmates:).
13 comments:
Just popping in from Shimelles class to say hi. love the colours on your blog and your digi layouts are fab. enjoy the class.
Chrissy, I just posted on my blog about the Memory Log. I downloaded it last night and printed it out today. Looks great and it's so darn cute I just may keep up with it.
I just ordered the Memory Log spiral bound version. I'm looking froward to getting it
Oh my, your layouts are just beautiful! And the photos of you are gorgeous, love the colors.
Hi Chrissy - yes I remember you too from 365 but I fell flat on my face with that one! Hope to keep up with the blogging a little better with the help of the prompts!
I love your digital pages....they are gorgeous...and great you're scrapping yourself as well.I haven't really sussed out digi scrapping yet....but it's on my 'to do' list!!
Hi Chrissy, lovely to see how your digi stuff is developing. Love those LOs.
Toni :o)
Will have to check out logyourmemory.com - thanks for the tip! I hope you have a great time in class. Love your digital layouts, especially the wonderful colors :) -Sharyn
Hi Chrissie, thanks for your comment on my blog! LOVE your digi layouts and how you are using brushes. I have dabbled in digi but have SO much to learn.. enjoy Shimelle's class!
SarahLP x
your LOs, and looks like the class is working already!!!
Bernie x
What beautiful pages! Very inspirational. Have fun with the class :-) x
Really great pages and your banner is so cool. I'm a classmate from Blogging for Scrapbookers.
Hi I'm from the blogging class and I also digi scrap. I just wanted to tell you that your pages are so beautiful. I haven't done any pages in a while but seeing yours really makes me want to. Thanks
Post a Comment