Well, of course, that's not all! I'm super excited! Running round the room excited! It's my first time on a creative team, and what lovely talented ladies are on it with me. I was so excited when I got the e-mail to tell me, and we've all been chatting and creating for about a week now, but I'm such a fretter that I didn't mention it till now.
I always loved Kaisercraft's rhinestones and pearls, can't beat a bit of bling! I do miss that sometimes in my digi scrapping, there are products that mimic bling, but it's not the same.
So when I saw the call for the CT, I thought I'd have a go. I've been digiscrapping almost a year now, and felt ready to take the next challenge!
Here's the LO I created using the free Tag This along with a couple of elements from Designer Digitals.

I've been paper scrapping for 2 1/2 years, but I never felt particularly adventurous with it. I liked my pages, but I didn't tend to try exciting new techniques.
It's different with digi, I love trying out new things! I can't exactly say I've found my style yet, can many people? All I can say is that I'm having fun lol. I tend to veer between pages that look like paper ones, and pages that could only be digi. I'm in love with brushes and masks. I love being able to flip a brush, and so find it frustrating when I go back to my stamps and find a flourish reversed from the way I'd like it for my page.
I love the versatility of digi. The way elements can be resized, recoloured, flipped and blended to match to any page. I love that once I've bought a kit the papers are there to stay. No 'saving the best papers for something special'. No faffing over that first cut into a precious piece of patterned paper. With the undo button that's never a problem.
So, I guess I love my digi scrapping. And you know the strangest thing? i always swore I'd never try it. I'd seen too many pages with oversize text floating, or fake-looking ribbons. I just couldn't see the point of using pretend ribbon when I had 10 jars of real ones.
That all changed when I took the Stories in Hand class at Jessica Sprague's site. The whole class was fantastic (and p.s. there's a new free class starting tomorrow if anyone's looking for another challenge), and the last task asked us to create a LO using a template. She provided a video tutorial to talk us through it. I was honestly hooked from that moment!
I love how many friends I've made over the last year, and indeed through scrapping in general. It truly is a wonderful, friendly and welcoming community!



7 comments:
Congratulations on your CT position. I love the undo button in digi too.
congrats on your design team!!!
First of all: congratulations on the DT-spot! Way to go, girl :D and second, I so agree with everything you say regarding brushes vs stamps, digipaper vs "paperpaper" - and that both have their benefits and that's why i 'havenæt gone completely over to the dark side eigther. Looking forward to Holidays in Hand, curious what Jessica has in store for us this time. :)
I'm so glad too that I've met you through digi scrapping, Chrissy. I'm so so glad you tried out for the team. I knew you'd make it!
I feel exactly the same way about digiscrapping! I love to resize, undo, try out etc. and the final results are so much better than my paperscrapping layouts...Good to have you on the team !!
Congratulations honeybunch xx
No buts, no doubts. Take but from doubt and what's left? Do.
Congratulations on making the design team! I'm taking the the Holidays in Hand class also. See you there.
Post a Comment