Monday, 17 November 2008

Evening:),

Today's assignment in the Stories in Hand class was to skim through the family section of the prompts and see what sparked. I found this a bit harder, but I think that's because I'm doing layouts about Amy all the time so there's less untapped memories. I've barely done any LOs about my childhood  and of course there's so many more years to think about.

I'm loving the class though. The forums great too, we're all sparking off each other remembering toys/ programs/ games. There's some differences as the majority of the class are American, but it's surprising how many of the hand-clapping/ skipping games were similar.

The sparks are working both ways too. I made a note of how much Amy loves Kelvingrove then realised we hadn't been for a while so I'll take her tomorrow. It's a great place, with lots of hands-on exhibits for kids.

1 comment:

Inspiration Alley said...

I'm really enjoying this class as well. The prompts are sparking so many memories and it's interesting comparing childhood memories with my husband. our book is lovely. Haven't got round to making mine yet.